Little Red Riding Hood, by Olivia

Once upon a time, there was a pretty young girl called Little Red Riding Hood. She lived in a small cottage with transparent windows. She asked her mother if she could go and visit her grandmother along the path.

Little Red Riding Hood set off. She was so excited she started to sing her favourite song. She had her basket of goodies in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. She was so busy singing she accidentally went the way her mother told her not to go, into the dark, gloomy woods. The poor girl’s face looked like she was going to burst into tears. Little Red Riding Hood cautiously carried on walking, when suddenly  came to a path that split into two. One way led to a field of flowers and the other way let to grandma’s house. She thought that her mum wouldn’t mind if she stopped to pick some flowers for gran. When she bent down something made her jump. She turned round to see… A big scary wolf! The wolf said “What is a child as small as you doing here?”

“I’m going to my grandmother’s house,” replied Little Red Riding Hood.

“Do you know the way?” said the wolf.

“Yes, there’s that way and that way,” answered Little Red Riding Hood. “I really must be going now.”

Comments
  • Louise lyons says:

Well done Olivia.xx

• Jennifer says:

well done Olivia.I think this is a fabulous piece of work.Your show not tell sentances tell me that she is scared.
    I liked all of your adjectives.you made me fell like I want to be little red riding hood!